I promised my readers a menu, and I've made one. We're starting off with a dinner composed of two dishes which we already know and love - and they both happen to be vegan-macro-friendly. I've planned out our meals for the next 8 days, but will just share today and tomorrow with you for now. Check back for pictures and reviews of the dishes.
Breakfast every day is cereal with soy milk. I'm not a huge breakfast person.
- Chickpea curry on brown rice (one of our favorite dinners; contains a nice blend of spices but no curry powder. Molly likes it too!)
- Escarole Siciliano (we LOVE this greens recipe. We are using 1 head of escarole tonight.)
- Miso Soup from The Self-Healing Cookbook - see yesterday's post for a short introduction to this fabulous book
- Marinated tempeh from The Self-Healing Cookbook, in whole-wheat pita with bean sprouts and tahini (I'll explain more about what tempeh is in my next post)
- Leftover chickpea curry
- More Escarole Siciliano, made fresh from a second head of escarole
And finally, a preview of what's to come in the next few days: barley mushroom soup, baked tofu with lemon-tahini marinade, quinoa pilaf, tempeh peanut sauté, homemade hummus, couscous with peanut sauce ... yum!
So it begins!